Monday, December 28, 2009

Day 22 - Weigh In Post-Christmas

So as you know, Monday is my weigh in day, and I think I'm pretty satisfied with the results. Today I was 198.4, +.2 lbs from last week, but that's okay in my book, considering how bad I did last week. I'm feeling better about this week though, because I only have to pass the New Years eve party. And I'm sure I'll do okay then, after reading some snazzy party eating tips in my mom's family circle (ha ha) Would you care to read? Here are some that I think will prove helpful (if not for me - hopefully for one of you, dear readers).

Holiday Party Swaps:
No to the Swedish meatballs, Yes to the chicken satays
No to the baguette slices and dip, Yes to the pitas and hummus
No to the shortbread cookies, Yes to the meringues
No to the pecan pie, Yes to the pumpkin pie

Okay so that's not a fantastic list, because in all honesty I only eat meringues and pumpkin pie, but even with the pie that's only at Thanksgiving. But I am working on a fool proof holiday tip list to keep in my head and keep my waist down. Here's my version:

- Drink water, not soda.
- Be very careful with chips. It's not always the dip, but a lot of chips add up. One serving = 7 chips.
- It's probably best to say no to most deserts, as you have very little idea of how much butter and sugar was put in, unless you made it. Then make a decision from there :)
- Have more fun enjoying the people around me, rather than eating. You aren't promised tomorrow.

Okay so those are my lists. And I promise to utilize them to the best of my abilities to make sure that I get to change my roadsign next week :)

Have a great Monday!

3 comments:

  1. Sounds like you've got a good plan. You can do it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your plan is good. Add in some exercise (do it with friends and it makes it more fun!) and you're on your way to success! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you guys for the support! You're awesome!

    ReplyDelete